Greetings from Maryland!

Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009, under

Hey All! I felt i needed to post because i havent in a looong time. Currently I am in Maryland visiting family and eating my weight in as much seafood as humanly possibly, or in season. I miss seafood living in Kentucky. Even when we go to Florida for Baise vacations the seafood is not the same. I love the Old Bay seasoning that is literally on everything seafood here. The Maryland Steamed crab is the best crab you will ever eat! I grew up cracking into them and eating them. My dad taught me how to crack them at the tender age of 5...i think i wasnt officially his favorite daughter (the only one) until i could properly disect a crab. We should be getting crabs on Thursday! I cannot wait, but am not excited about my hands smelling like Old Bay and crab for about three days after eating them.

Shrimp....yum! I wasnt even off the plane an hour before my dad took me to the best Shrimp salad sandwich place in all of Baltimore. Its called Sunsets and i have been going there since i was a kid. The place looks like it is stuck in the 60s, but its soooo good. My dad is super loud; the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Us Italians have to let you know we are in the room at all times. We were in the restuarant and he says: "GodD***m (he cusses like a sailor) these old people have been in this place since i have been coming in my 20s. They stay the same, but i keep getting older, sh**t!" Ohh the wonders of the Baltimoron dialect! I have been pummeled with it all week.

I am having a great time, but miss Bryan something terrible! I come home on Friday! Its sad because when i am here I miss bryan, but when i am in Kentucky i miss my grandma, brother and dad. Catch 22! When I am here I realize I LOVE THE SOUTH!!!! Kentucky isnt really that southern...but compared to here...it is waaay southern. I love southern hospitality, where everyone wants to know how your doing and they hold doors for you. Here people give you bad service and you get weird looks when you hold doors for people. Everyones in a hurry and affraid to say "Hi" or take a moment to find out how your days going. Please Lord, dont call us to the NORTH! Hah. Seriously, He can call us wherever, but i do miss the South when i am in the North.

It seems that when i spend more than a weekend here I start to sound like a "Balitimoron" (as i affectionately call it). I hate the accent, but i pick it up sooo easily when i am here. I am catching myself saying things like i used to when i lived here! The brainwashing has began...get me home where i drop my "Ings"s and accentuate my "i"s.

I miss my Calvin too. I know he must miss me. Bryan says he's glued to Alexis when they come over. He needs a mothers love and comfort! Speaking of the Bednars....I feel like there is another woman in my marriage and his name is George! Bryan and George work together, go to school togther and generally hangout together that I am a little afraid Bryan likes him better than me! Hah, just kidding...They were lucky enough to be at the UK game last night! What a great game!! I don't know much about sports, compared to Bryan, but Meeks hit a shot that I thought was pretty darn amazing...i would have loved to have been there, in RUpp watching! Wow!

Anyway, can't wait to come home, but glad to be here...does that make sense? Story of my life....CONTENTMENT, i struggle!

| edit post

0 Reply to "Greetings from Maryland!"