Sleepless Conviction

Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009, under

"Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you."
Psalm 33:20-22

" Our soul waits for the Lord...."
Does my soul truly wait on the Lord? Have I made my own decisions and walked in my own selfishness so that I would be exalted? Have I been patient and trusted in His perfect plan? Or have I taken control and failed to be content in all things?

"....he is our help and our shield...."
Have I looked to tangible things for help and security or have I trusted in the unchangeable Rock that is my salvation? Have I allowed my sin to shield me from my Father or have I hidden beneath the shadow of His wings?

"For our heart is glad in him because we trust in his holy name...."
Is my heart glad in Him or in myself...my husband....my job....my security? Am I glad because I have another day to live for Christ or myself? Is my heart filled with my desires or desires He has given me? Am I alone trusting for my gladness to come from His holy name or in my attempts at satisfaction in the world?

"Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us..."
Do I resonate in Christ's sacrificial love for me, or am i relying upon others love for me?

"...even as we hope in you..."

Praise be to God that even though He sees my sin, and remembers it no more. He is still my help and my shield. My heart is glad in him because he has forgiven me, for I have made his name unholy. His steadfast love is upon me, even when I don't hope in him. He is good to me, when I am not good to him.

| edit post

0 Reply to "Sleepless Conviction"