Thankful...

Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008, under

I have spent the past several months praying through the Psalms and I must say it has greatly enriched my prayer life, devotion and worship. When i first became a believer (actually in the months prior to my conversion) the Lord graciously used the Psalms to call me to salvation. He allowed the Holy Spirit to remove the scales from my eyes and see and taste that the Lord is not only good, but great.

I mainly connected to David and his heart-felt pleas for Gods mercy and forgiveness. I would pray with David
"Hear O Lord my righteous plea; listen to my cry." "I call on you O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes....hide me in the shadow of your wings." "They close up their callous hearts and their mouths speak with arrogance. They have tracked me down, they now surround me..." Ps. 17: 1, 6,7,8,10.

While, yes my foes were not trying to kill me (like david's), however the life i was living was leading to spiritual death and separation from God. I was plagued by "friends" trying to persuade me to continue on a path that I was beginning to understand led to utter emptiness and despair. Exactly the opposite of what they were promising. Sin is so cunning.

I can remember praying this before and while i was being tempted...
"For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin"..."O Lord, do not forsake me, be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me O Lord my Savior!" Ps. 38:17-18, 21-22

My hope was held in His promise that:
"All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me.." Ps. 38:9-10

Now, at a very different season of my life, the Lord has used the Psalms again as an encouragement and bridge to greater joy in Him.
" The Lord has done GREAT things for US, and we are FILLED with JOY!" Ps. 126:3

The past six months has been one answer to prayer after another....and i am incredibly thankful. And as i turn to the Psalms i cannot help but be absolutely overwhelmed with a heart that longs to praise my God! All i can see are the prayers God used to bring me out of the depths of my sin and to a life that is life everlasting. I now, read new words that bring about a new heart to worship.

Many of you have been recent recipients of my text messages of scripture that I have been praying specifically for you. I feel there is nothing better to do than to lift you up to God using His perfect Word, which is His perfect will for your life. No other prayer is as fitting than the one God has given us. Its brought generations upon generations to their knees! I hope you have been as blessed as I have by these Psalms. Here are a few that I have been meditating on over the past several months...

"Say among the nations. The Lord reigns, The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." Ps. 96:10 (No matter who is the political leader, economic status, etc.)

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our SAVIOR, who DAILY BEARS OUR BURDENS. Our God is a GOD who SAVES; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death." Ps. 68:19-20

"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; POUR OUT YOUR HEARTS TO HIM, for God is our refuge." Ps. 62:7-8

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our sheild. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Ps. 33:20-22

And those of you who really know me, know that i struggle deeply with being content. I am praying to truly be thankful for the many blessings God as given me and not over look them to desire something else....bc there will always be a "something else" out there. Pray with me to be content in His abundant blessings...

"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup, you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a DELIGHTFUL inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is GLAD and my tongue rejoices; my body will rest secure because you will not abandon me to the grave." "You have made known to me the path of life, you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Ps. 16:5-10, 11

I am overjoyed to praise God for His faithfulness to both Bryan and I.
"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Ps. 126:3

| edit post

0 Reply to "Thankful..."