Chirp Chirp

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008, under

Ok.......let me paint this picture for you.

Its 1:15 in the AM. Bryan has been asleep for about an hour an a half. I was up watching mindless TV until about 12:45 when chirp....chirp.....chirp.......chirp!

The smoke detector suddenly decides to alert us, at the most convenient time, that it is in some way malfunctioning. Great, awesome, amazing! Because "handy man Bryan" was already sleeping and plagued with incessant sneezing, due to allergies; I thought it best for the wife to tackle this one by myself. And considering Bryan almost electrocuted himself the day we moved in, I wanted to give him rest from electrical objects.

So apparently smoke detectors, when they may have a bad battery....continue to CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP even when the battery is removed, cover pulled off and wires removed from wall!! There is a hidden battery in the actual round plastic device, which continues to CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP!

After I exhaused all options on how to disconnect the CHIRP, CHIRP with several google search combinations even google didnt understand like: STOP CHIRP or SMOKE DETECTOR CHIRP and BATTERY, SMOKE DETECTOR BAD; i opted to remove the smoke detector's round plastic chirping mechanism and do what i thought best to allow Bryan (who was now awake and not happy) , Calvin (who was also intrigued and wanted to help) and myself to get sleep which was: Putting the CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRPs out on the front porch! Problem solved!

This is what brain power i have at almost 2 o'clock in the morning. I am sure Southerns wonderful maintenance crew are going to highly enjoy my mechanical engineering skills when they have to fix what I've done. Thought i should share, hope you enjoyed!

| edit post

0 Reply to "Chirp Chirp"